Fall Break

When the kids would tell me they didn’t want to go back to school after a week off, I got it, but I didn’t GET it until now. Now that I’m a teacher and know how much a school day takes out of you, it makes the week go by even faster! But it’s a good thing we have them, otherwise I don’t think anyone would do it. Right as you’re about to go crazy, they give you time off to recoup and do it again 😉 I am so thankful we didn’t have any plans over this break too because that’s what I needed. Lillian started her job at Vivette’s and officially has a horse she can ride anytime she wants. 
She still does twice a week lessons, but she has been up there everyday feeding, riding, grooming and just hanging out and getting to know him. But since she can’t drive, that’s also meant I have been up and going each morning too. But a 6:30-7:00 alarm is WAY better than my 4:45 school day one so I’m not complaining. 

Of course a break from school means time with Koy

But we also had a big girls night on Wednesday with 10 girls. They swam, made s’mores by a fire, ate a whole bucket of Halloween candy and had lots of laughs


And then last night we went to the corn maze with Lillian, Kathleen, Sadie, Koy, Brynn and Uriah. Matt met us after work to hang out and watch for a bit 





This weekend is more work for her because Vivette is out of town so it’s the first time she is fully in charge of all the animals. Koy’s family is also out of town so she’s dog sitting 21 dogs for his mom’s boarding business. I went up to the school and got some copies made this morning while she worked and I guess we are as ready as we are going to be to go back to normal on Monday. It’s been a nice break, but only six weeks until Thanksgiving! 😉




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Summertime!

Back to School 2024