Lots of Football and Almost Fall Break!

There’s only 5 more school days before we have a full week off for fall break, and I’m ready! Last week was busy with school and lots of football, and it’s tiring to have something 5 evenings a week. School may be tiring, but it’s such a blessing to be there with Kathleen. She comes to eat lunch with me in my room occasionally, and every other week we have “team time” (during school hours clubs) and she comes to do yoga with me


Dad came last Monday to watch Lillian at her riding lesson, and stayed through Wednesday so that he could watch Kathleen cheer Tuesday night too. She’s loving it and he really enjoyed the football 🏈 part too 


And Friday was another Benton High game, but I had to skip that one because I was showing a house and then writing an offer. Lillian had a great time though!


And Saturday was a quick trip to Baron Rouge for the LSU football game. We’ve had it planned for over a month, and had 21 friends and family at the tailgate and 17 of us went into the game. Jennifer and Daniel decided to make it an early night, and my dad had fallen off a ladder earlier in the day when he was getting the ice chest down. He’s fine, but was banged up and didn’t think he would be comfortable in the stands. Hope and Greg O’Quin had given him a parking pass in the stadium lot, we set up our own tailgate under the trees, and the weather was perfect!




We could not have been any further up in the nosebleeds, but it was a great family day and so fun!



 We decided we would like to go once a year. It’s too much fun and too convenient to not make it happen.

I hated that I didn’t get to see Nana too much, but we did all go to her place for lunch on Saturday before we went to campus and spent a couple of hours with her.
We will be back in mid November for Dad‘s birthday, and I didn’t feel as bad leaving since Janice is there visiting right now. It was a great weekend and we got just enough rest on Sunday to get us through the last week before the break!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Summertime!

Back to School 2024