Well... I Guess That’s A Wrap

After almost exactly 5 months of a break (we can’t count what they did in the spring as “real” school), today is the last day of the most uneventful summer ever. We’re starting homeschooling tomorrow and no one is exactly thrilled. I’ll be honest that I’m looking forward to still having them home with me and not having to set an alarm. But I’m worried about them not seeing me as their teacher. And I also worry about the lack of socialization that Covid has brought but I know that won’t last forever. I’m very hopeful that things will go back to somewhat normal during the school year so that they can experience what being a true homeschooler is like.
But we’re thankful to have the cousins to play with and that are going through the same thing.. I really don’t know what we would do without them. Last week we spent Wednesday to Friday nights at the camp hanging out with them. Rachel took the kids to Vivian on Wednesday to go get some stuff to set up the kids classroom at the camp and spend the day with Yaya. They had fun playing with the new toy! 

And then Thursday I had a client call so I had to go home for the day and we decided to all go back to Bossier and she sat at the house with the kids while they swam while I ran to that listing and did some errands. 

Once we got home, we had a fun family day Saturday swimming and grilling. And the last 3 days have been pretty lazy. We’ve swam and done a lot of crafts while trying to ignore the banging from the roofers
(Top: Mine, Katie’s, Lilli’s- Bottom: Lilli’s latest obsession of painting toys)
And today we ended the night with a pizza party and shark week

I have no idea what homeschool will bring, but we’ve got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime!

Busy Weekends

Back to School