First Month of School

It’s officially been 4 weeks since school started and we are making it. The schedule is tiring but I really love it and it’s getting better every day. The kids are so fun and for the most part my classes are good. Some kids are more challenging than others, but no one is outright bad, and I feel like I have lots of support from administration.  Kathleen is making new friends (none of the girls from her class last year are in her homeroom now that she’s in AP classes) and Lillian’s adjusting to high school too. It’ll be interesting to see how the friend group shakes out this year, but the originals are all planning to go to homecoming as a big group with a few new people too. Kathleen has straight As and Lillian has 3 As and a B with progress reports coming out next week 

There have been girls nights


Pep squad practice and a spirit night 


And I’m still working real estate too. I only have one listing and one buyer right now, but it’s enough to take up some of my home time. Koy’s grandparents even picked Lillian up from school one day while Koy and his family were out of town in Florida and I couldn’t get her because I had to show right after school, lol.

It takes a village!! We get to school at 6:45 AM and are usually home between 315 and 330. Kathleen has gymnastics from 5:30 to 8:30 on Monday while Lillian has riding from 7:00-8:00. Tuesday is our only night at home, although starting next week when there’s a home middle school football game we will be there for pet squad. Wednesday is another 5:30 to 8:30 gymnastics and Lillian goes to church. Thursday is another 7:00 to 8:00 riding, and Friday is 4:00 to 7:00 gymnastics again. It’s definitely tiring, but they are happy with what they do and as long as they love it, we will continue.

We took a quick trip to Baton Rouge over Labor Day weekend for only one night. We went homecoming dress shopping and found one for both Lillian and Piper. But we came home Sunday to still have a day at home and actually get some rest. I wish I would’ve taken more pictures! We visited with Nana for several hours and never got one.

Hunning season starts this weekend so there’s no rest coming anytime soon for Matt and the kids at least. I’m sure I’ll be up there some, but I’ll definitely need my Saturday sometimes. It’s a whole New World to get adjusted to the schedule, but I really do love it and know that it will keep getting better and better as time goes on.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime!

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Bar-J and More Baseball