What a Crazy 3 Weeks!

Around the middle of last year, I started thinking it might be time for a career change. I love real estate, but working for Pam the last few years has had me kind of burned out. The great thing about real estate is the flexible hours, but even though I’m home, I’m not always present. So in March, I decided to quit working for her and to go back selling on my own, and it’s actually been going pretty well, but it didn’t stop me from feeling like it was time for something new. I’ve missed teaching since I’m not homeschooling and started looking into the iteach program to get certified in Louisiana. And I was convinced it was time for the change when Kathleen asked me to leave my computer at home when we went to Galveston and I was heartbroken to tell her I couldn’t. And then proceeded to spend a few hours a day working. I was accepted in May, and on July 9, I accepted a job teaching six grade science at Benton Intermediate. It’s snowballed very quickly! The last week has been spent getting the classroom ready. I had some helpers, and Lillian and Koy did too, even though I don’t have pictures of them.



It’s not much different than what I was doing 4 years ago at this time, just on a bigger scale!

My official start date is August 6, but I start training Thursday, so tomorrow is my last day of summer. There’s been so much going on to try to get ready. Starting with the fact that I had to make another heartbreaking decision when we decided to let Gypsy go live with lizard. There were several reasons, but for me, the main reason was that I don’t think she’d adjust to me being gone all day. She’s a Covid puppy and lizard is a single woman that works from home and I think they are the perfect fit. Lizard’s 15 year old dog died a few months ago and she has been talking about getting another one so it was the right time for everyone.

So we brought her down to Baton Rouge on July 13 to celebrate lizard’s birthday and have a two week trial. But it’s gone really well and we have decided she will stay. She thought she was the best gift she could’ve gotten! I cried a lot, but I get pictures and video and Gypsy really is happy.


Cozy may be even more spoiled now!

When we got back, it was time to start back to school shopping and getting ready for school. Katie had pep squad and spirit wear uniform pickup and Lillian has been working with Matt and babysitting.
Most days go great for her, but there is a definite learning curve!

Thankfully she wasn’t hurt and she definitely learned a lesson and it’s something she will never do again!

Katie has had some time with friends and found out yesterday that she is officially moving to the gold level at Gymnastics. All of the girls are so excited!


But we are gearing up for pep squad camp tomorrow and Thursday, My parents night on Sunday, Lillian’s freshman orientation Monday morning, and all the things that come with a new school year. We know it’s going to be great changes for everyone and we’re so proud of what they do academically too. Check out these leap scores! I know this year will be just as great 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime!

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Bar-J and More Baseball