Back to School 2024

Well it’s official- Lillian is in high school and I’m a teacher! At any other school in Bossier Parish, I’d also be posting about Kathleen starting middle school, but Benton is the only one that has an intermediate for 5th and 6th together. I kind of like it because there is a HUGE difference between 11 year-old, 6th grader and a 14-year-old, 8th grader, and she gets to stay in the younger group a little longer. Plus she’s with me for my first year!



We all had a great first day and I think I’m really going to love it. But I was also super excited it started on a Thursday, because it was exhausting! It’s going to take a little bit to get used to the schedule and I haven’t ever had a job where I’m on my feet all day. Koy‘s dad picked Lillian up at 6 AM that morning so that she didn’t have to walk into the high school by herself and took them over to his mom‘s house for a mini photo shoot before the first day of high school. I’ll admit it was weird to not be involved in that milestone, but I was grateful for the pictures.

We are all absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, but Lillian had a two hour riding that evening too. I know I have posted about it before, but I finally got some more pictures. She really loves it!


She goes twice a week, but it would be every day if she could. She’s working on getting a job there so that that can happen and Mrs. Vivette says hopefully soon. Fingers crossed!🤞





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime!

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Bar-J and More Baseball