Great start to my birthday week!

Those of you that grew up in my family know exactly what a birthday week is but I do understand there are some that don't.  You see, we didn't just celebrate our birthday one day, we got a whole week! When I was younger this meant getting to ride shotgun with no arguments from my sisters, deciding what Mom would cook for dinner, etc.  There were even at least a couple of times that I remember than on my actual birthday I got to play hooky from school and Mom would play hooky from work and we would spend the day doing whatever I wanted to do.  This concept was completely foreign to my husband when he met me but he does humor me. 



We started Saturday with a family trip to Sciport Science museum. We all had lunch, saw the Under the Sea Imax and let Lilli play for a while. My friend Rebecca was so sweet to give us tickets that she had gotten from work so the best part was it was free!


We all had a great time and Lilli and Matt both got a good nap when we got home and I got to catch up on some of my dvr'd shows.  I think we were all happy with the afternoon.  :) That night we had Katie come as Lilli was going to bed and Matt and I went out for a date night to Outback.  So nice for some time alone to end the day. 





On Sunday I got up and went for a run to give Lilli some Daddy time.  This is what I came home to:

Daddy is great at building forts!

We all went to church and then came home for lunch and a quick nap for Lilli while we waited for the Jubilee Zoo in Blanchard to open.  This was our 3rd trip there and Lilli loves it more every time.  Brian, Rebecca and Sophie met us too so I think having another kid to play with made it just that much better.



I guess she got over her bird fear
She really loved the baby alpaca
And the baby goats

Said her "friends" were following her

That camel really wanted the food!

Such a neat place, last time she fed a baby deer a bottle, this time a goat

Sophie like the baby goats too

She wouldn't get in the bounce house with me but with Sophie it was fun!

All of these animals and they wanted to slide!

They weren't so sure about the chickens and ducks after a while



Pony Ride!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime!

I think someone may be a little spoiled....

Bar-J and More Baseball